niedziela, 19 lipca 2009

Vera Lynn

Piosenka "Vera" śpiewana przez zespoł Pink Floyd w filmie Alana Parkera "The Wall" jest bezpośrednim odniesieniem do piosenki śpiewanej przez brytyjską wokalistkę Verę Lynn, "We'll meet again", w trakcie II Wojny Światowej.



"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when
But I'm sure we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through, just the way you used to do
Till the blue skies chase the dark clouds far away

Now, won't you please say "Hello" to the folks that I know
Tell 'em it won't be long
'cause they'd be happy to know that when you saw me go
I was singing this song

We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when
But I'm sure we'll meet again some sunny day"


Odpowiedź Pink Floydów brzmi tak:

"Does anybody here remember Vera Lynn?
Remember how she said that
We would meet again
Some sunny day?
Vera! Vera!
What has become of you?
Does anybody else in here
Feel the way I do?"

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz